Friday, April 21, 2017

“The Fate of the Furious” Movie Review


The Fate of the Furious is the eighth installment in the Fast and Furious franchise. When a franchise has created that many installments, the later movies tend to be downright ridiculous and just plainly unwatchable. How does Fate of the Furious hold up? Well, it certainly is pretty ridiculous to say the least. However, it’s surprisingly very watchable.
There was not a single moment during this film where I felt bored. From beginning to end, I was grained in my seat, having a good time. But there were many moments where I simply had to shake my head.
Fate of the Furious is actually not just about car racing. It’s actually been turned into some sort of heist and espionage film. With cars. Cars that could give the Batmobile a run for its money. And yes, it’s just as dumb as it sounds.

The characters have been turned into some sort of demi-gods, performing stunts that pretty much spit over the laws of physics. It pretty much commits all the sins for which the action genre has been criticized.
It’s hard to rate a film like this. On one part, it was pretty stupid. Sometimes even insultingly so. But on the other side, I had a blast. It’s been one of the best experiences I’ve had at the movies this year so far. Perhaps, that’s really what this picture is all about. A dumb, but fun popcorn flick. You could even argue that the goofiness enhances the experience. And hey, isn’t that what movies are all about? Overall, while I do have conflicting opinions regarding this film, I can’t bring myself to lean towards the negative side. So, Fate of the Furious gets a high recommendation towards any lovers of cinema with an open mind who just want to have a good time. Others, I would advise them to approach with caution.

My Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment